Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by "Liebig, Stefan " <St...@compeople.de> on 2005/01/10 11:04:33 UTC

Trying to create a ´new instance" service model, but ..

I tried to create a ´new instance´ service model. This service model should
create for each service request a new instance. But as I found out this is
not possible because ServicePointImpl ´caches´ the service once created.

My question - independent on how usefull a ´new instance´ service model might
be - is:
Shouldn´t this caching not be part of the specific service model? I think the
current solution limits the usage of service models.

Stefan

email: stefan.liebig@compeople.de

Re: Trying to create a ´new instance" service model, but ..

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
A good name for this would be "prototype", because that's what Spring
uses for the same concept.

Look at how ThreadedServiceModel works.

You basically need a proxy that obtains a fresh instance from the
ServiceModel for each method invocation.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:04:33 -0800, Liebig, Stefan
<St...@compeople.de> wrote:

> I tried to create a ´new instance´ service model. This service model should
> create for each service request a new instance. But as I found out this is
> not possible because ServicePointImpl ´caches´ the service once created.
>
> My question - independent on how usefull a ´new instance´ service model might
> be - is:
> Shouldn´t this caching not be part of the specific service model? I think the
> current solution limits the usage of service models.
>
> Stefan
>
> email: stefan.liebig@compeople.de

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry