Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jens Ellenberg <el...@silpion.de> on 2012/04/04 16:12:32 UTC

Commitwithin

Hello,

I am trying to use commitwithin in Java but there seams to be no commit
at all with this option.

1. Example Code:

     UpdateRequest request = new UpdateRequest();
     request.deleteByQuery("fild:value");
     request.setCommitWithin(10000);
     System.out.println(request.getCommitWithin());
     server.request(request);

2. Example Code:

     server.add(aSolrDocument,10000);

Only after an explicit commit ( server.commit(); ) are the changes
available.

I have deleted the "autocommit" option in the solrconfig. Has anyone an
idea?

Greetings
Jens

--
Jens Ellenberg,
Master of Science (Informatik)

Tel   +49 (40) 39 99 76 45
Fax   +49 (40) 39 99 76 40
EMail ellenberg@silpion.de

Silpion IT-Solutions GmbH
Firmensitz: Brandshofer Deich 48, 20539 Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 78585
Geschäftsführer: Patrick Postel

Re: Commitwithin

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Solr version? I think that for a while now, deletes where not triggering commitWithin. I think this was recently fixed - if I remember right it will be part of 3.6 and then 4.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com