Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv> on 2014/12/29 13:22:20 UTC

network throttling

Hello all,

I faced problem where network throttling is not working as I expected.

Problem:

  * Create network offering with network rate 1000 Mb/s.

  * Create new network from created network offering. Was expected, that
    network virtual router for public and guest traffic will use network
    rate from network offering, but it use global
    network.throttling.rate value instead.

Can, please, someone confirm this? Is something wrong with my setup or
is it bug in ACS?

I use ACS 4.3.1 with advanced network.
XenServer 6.2.

Best regards,
Martins

Re: network throttling

Posted by ChunFeng <ch...@domolo.com>.
Thx Mārtiņš  and anil .

I had a re-test  in xenserver 6.2 environment  , and confirm that ( as said  Mārtiņš  ) :

" Andrija, when Network Rate is set up in System Service Offering, it will applied in both vRouter networks, public and internal guest.  "

And I think we SHOULD NOT set the network limit (Qos ) in VR's guest network .  If necessary , we should provide a another option to set it  .

If user want control traffic in it's own network  , just guide user define new Compute Offering and assign it to VM .

------------------

Regards,

ChunFeng

From:  "anil lakineni"<an...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Dec 30, 2014 05:42 PM
To:  "users"<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: network throttling

ChunFeng,

In CloudStack, the Network Rate is defined in Mb/sec(Mega bits per second)
and from XenCenter at VR network tab ,the limit (QOS) is defined in Kbytes/s

If i am not wrong, you were given network rate as digit 3 or 4 in network
rate box.This means 375 Kbytes/s

For your clarification, once network rate was defined in SystemOffering,CS
will use NetworkRate of SystemOffering even though we created network
offering with other network rate.

Thanks,
Anil.

Re: network throttling

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
ChunFeng,

Re: network throttling

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thx Mārtiņš.

Sent from Google Nexus 4

Re: network throttling

Posted by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv>.
Hello,

Re: network throttling

From:  "Andrija Panic"<an...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Dec 30, 2014 03:35 PM
To:  "users"<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Re: network throttling

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
Andrija,

Throttling is applicable for both guest and public interfaces at VR. If you
need to restrict internal bandwidth rate between VMs then use customized
compute offering with desired network rate.

Thanks,
Anil.

Re: network throttling

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.