Posted to users@felix.apache.org by in...@cuhka.com on 2015/12/19 14:15:06 UTC

Which OSGi version is Felix?

As I'm using Apache Felix 5.2.0, I use a Gradle dependency
'org.osgi:org.osgi.core:5.+', but as Maven also hosts a
org.osgi:org.osgi.core:6.0.0, I'm left wondering which one to use, and
where I could have found that.

My current guess is that Felix 5.x.x is a OSGi 5.y.y based framework,
and that Felix 6.x.x will be OSGi 6.y.y, but then again, it is just a
guess.

Maurice.

Re: Which OSGi version is Felix?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
The versioning of the framework in Felix is a little bit confusing with
respect to the OSGi spec it implements. Actually since version 4.6.0
Felix is implementing OSGi R6. Which means your 5.2.0 version is
implementing that as well.

Carsten

> As I'm using Apache Felix 5.2.0, I use a Gradle dependency
> 'org.osgi:org.osgi.core:5.+', but as Maven also hosts a
> org.osgi:org.osgi.core:6.0.0, I'm left wondering which one to use, and
> where I could have found that.
>
> My current guess is that Felix 5.x.x is a OSGi 5.y.y based framework,
> and that Felix 6.x.x will be OSGi 6.y.y, but then again, it is just a
> guess.
>
> Maurice.

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland