Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/11/29 21:42:11 UTC

[T5.1.05] Possibly t:loop bug?

hi,

I've been using Tapestry 5.0 and recently upgraded to T5.1.05, my t:loop
component works fine before that. But I encountered this error everytime i
submit/refresh page

++++++++++
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find a coercion
from type java.lang.String to type com.wx.pojo.MyProcObj.  Available
coercions: Double --> Float, Float --> Double, Long --> Boolean .... etc
(list is long)
++++++++++

TML file
-------
<t:loop t:source="newProcList" t:value="myProcObj">
    ${myProcObj.names}<br/>
    ${myProcObj.age}
</t:loop>

Java File
--------
@Property
@Persist
private MyProcObj myProcObj;

@Property
@Persist
private List<MyProcObj> newProcList;

@Inject
private MyProcDao myProcDao;

private Object nextPage;

void setupRender(){
    newProcList = myProcDao.getProcList();

    newProcList = newProcList==null?new ArrayList<MyProcObj>():newProcList;
}

Object onSuccess(){
    nextPage = null;
    return nextPage;
}

Previously it works fine, and this problem only occur when i click submit
button, but then i checked through, on submit it didn't do anything but just
refresh the page, thus setupRender fired to get the List value.

please advice

desperately need guidance,
wesley

Re: [T5.1.05] Possibly t:loop bug?

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@cs.tu-dortmund.de>.
wesleywj2 wrote:

> Oh it works!!, care to share your thoughts on this? what is this
> formState="NONE"??

You can see the documentation here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Loop.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/LoopFormState.html

HTH
 Stephan

Re: [T5.1.05] Possibly t:loop bug?

Posted by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Oh it works!!, care to share your thoughts on this? what is this
formState="NONE"??

regards,
wesley

Re: [T5.1.05] Possibly t:loop bug?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:42:11 -0200, wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>
escreveu:

> hi,

Hi!

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find a coercion
> from type java.lang.String to type com.wx.pojo.MyProcObj.  Available
> coercions: Double --> Float, Float --> Double, Long --> Boolean .... etc
> (list is long)

Try adding formState="NONE" to your loop.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate