Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Lou Devlin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/13 21:17:23 UTC

[ooo-site]

I cannot see a UK version for download
Can you help?

Re: [ooo-site]

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 20:17:23 +0100
"Lou Devlin" <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot see a UK version for download
> Can you help?

Only en-US currently available of en-XX versions.. en-GB in preparation, I understand, projected release with v3.4.1 at end July/early August, unless available earlier for testing.
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: [ooo-site]

Posted by Stuart Swales <st...@gmail.com>.
On 13/05/2012 22:08, drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 20:17 +0100, Lou Devlin wrote:
>> I cannot see a UK version for download
>> Can you help?
>
> Hello Lou,
>
> I presume you are asking in regards to a binary package marked en_GB
> rather then en_US, yes? For this release there was none, language
> support for the project is fully dependent on volunteer support and no
> one was available to produce the en_GB version.
>
> There are dictionary files available for en_GB, but these will not
> correct the small English spelling foibles, you would perceive, in the
> GUI/Help files. These dictionary files would be available on the project
> extensions site.[1]
>
> I believe there is now someone working on en_GB, though can't say that
> for sure without going back over the mailing lists.
>
> Having said all that I would also like to ask you - Can you help?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> //drew
>
> [1] http://extensions.services.openoffice.org

Hi.  en_GB translation for UI/Help was already 99+% complete but we
finished it just too late to go in 3.4.0.  Juergen will integrate for 3.4.1.

Stuart
--
Stuart Swales

Re: [ooo-site]

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2012-05-13 3:08 PM  drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 20:17 +0100, Lou Devlin wrote:
>> I cannot see a UK version for download
>> Can you help?
> Hello Lou,
>
> I presume you are asking in regards to a binary package marked en_GB
> rather then en_US, yes? For this release there was none, language
> support for the project is fully dependent on volunteer support and no
> one was available to produce the en_GB version.
>
> There are dictionary files available for en_GB, but these will not
> correct the small English spelling foibles, you would perceive, in the
> GUI/Help files. These dictionary files would be available on the project
> extensions site.[1]
>
> I believe there is now someone working on en_GB, though can't say that
> for sure without going back over the mailing lists.
>
> Having said all that I would also like to ask you - Can you help?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> //drew
>
> [1] http://extensions.services.openoffice.org

AOO 3.4 en-US includes, in the dict-en.oxt extension, dictionaries for en-US, en-GB, en-CA,
en-AU, and en-ZA.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada