Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2017/08/08 21:39:07 UTC

Pull Request Builder on Apache Jenkins

Hi all...   We have projects in the Apache Jenkins server under this
folder: https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/TrafficControl/

I've added a new project there to build new PR:
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/TrafficControl/job/incubator-trafficcontrol-PR/

Details below,   and also documented in the description at the top of that page.

Questions/Concerns?   Please follow up to the dev mailing list here.

-dan

When a new pull request is opened in the project, it will build
automatically if the author is already whitelisted.

If the author is not white-listed, builder will ask (in PR comments)
"Can one of the admins verify this patch?". Any committer can respond
in the PR comments:

"ok to test" to accept this pull request for testing
"test this please" for a one time test run
"add to whitelist" to add the author to the whitelist

If the build fails for other various reasons you can rebuild:

"retest this please" to start a new build

Re: Pull Request Builder on Apache Jenkins

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
If you care to see what this plugin can do,  it's documented here:

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
the former indicates any commits to this PR will cause a new build to
happen.  The latter is one time only.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.