Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sanjay Suri <su...@videocrux.com> on 2008/11/20 09:31:29 UTC

Newbie: For stopword query - All objects being returned

Hi ,
I realize this might be too simple - Can someone tell me where to look? I'm
new to solr and have to fix this for a demo asap.

If my search query is "the", all 91 objects are returned as search results.
I expect 0 results.

--
Sanjay Suri

Videocrux Inc.
http://videocrux.com
+91 99102 66626

Re: Newbie: For stopword query - All objects being returned

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Nov 20, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Sanjay Suri wrote:
> Hi ,
> I realize this might be too simple - Can someone tell me where to
> look? I'm
> new to solr and have to fix this for a demo asap.
>
> If my search query is "the", all 91 objects are returned as search
> results.
> I expect 0 results.

Add &debugQuery=true to your query string, look at the debug section
of the output and the explanations for why documents are matching.
That'll reveal the secret.

	Erik

RE: Newbie: For stopword query - All objects being returned

Posted by "Feak, Todd" <To...@smss.sony.com>.
Could you provide your schema and the exact query that you issued?

Things to consider... If you just searched for "the", it used the
default search field, which is declared in your schema. The filters
associated with that default field are what determine whether or not the
stopword list is invoked during the query (and/or indexing time).

-Todd Feak