Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/04 03:42:37 UTC

[Axis2][Vote]How to modularize the transports?[Followup:Should we create a Transport module?]

This is to follow up "Should we create a Transport module?" thread. We
got in to two major options for modularizing the trnsports. Since we
do not decide which to choose .. I would Like to call for a vote
1) one modules for all the transports
2) A module for each transport

I slightly favours the #1, but fine with the both! ... so +1 for #1
Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2][Vote]How to modularize the transports?[Followup:Should we create a Transport module?]

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
mm .. accroding to votes it is 3/2 in the favour of  transport module
for each transport,
BTW regarding Davids sugesstion for transports .. am too not sure does
the transports that high level part of axis?

Then shall I go ahead with the module for each transport .. it is
onhold for about  a week now Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Hate to say this guys but I'm 0- on having seperate transport modules.
It's my desire to see a transport module and everything on transports
squeezed into that.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:03:37 +0600, Eran Chinthaka
<ch...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Well, I'm 0+ for module for each transport, as its easier for module
> developers.
>
> But will this add too many modules ??
>
> Chinthaka

Ajith Ranabahu

RE: [Axis2][Vote]How to modularize the transports?[Followup:Should we create a Transport module?]

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@apache.org>.
I'd recommend

modules/core
                /etc
transports/http
                   /jms
                   /smtp
                   /etc

however, this isn't too hard to reorganize later if you start with one
transport module and decide to split it up later.

david jencks