Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/02/27 14:02:57 UTC

What about participating to GSOC ?

Hi guys,

as someone expressed the will to participate to GSOC [1] (Gooel Summer
Of Code) on Directory, I wanted to know if you think it's a good idea,
and if so, which kind of project could we propose ?

A few elements :
- projects must be targeted, and time constrained : students will start
on may, and must be done by august 15th. So it's more or less a three
months effort.
- Mentors must dedicate some time to drive the students
- we must not select urgent projects, but projects that we don't have
time to work on but that we want to have.

Some example of projects we can propose could be :
- a LDAP graphical proxy in Studio (extracting the exchanged PDU and
presenting them in the GUI, with there decoded values)
- A web UI to administrate the server
- Addition of some mertics into the server (like number of requests -
per period of time, gathered, etc)
and many more.

So wdyt ? Do you have ideas ? Do you think we should submit some proposals?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: What about participating to GSOC ?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Some example of projects we can propose could be :
> - a LDAP graphical proxy in Studio (extracting the exchanged PDU and
> presenting them in the GUI, with there decoded values)
> - A web UI to administrate the server
> - Addition of some mertics into the server (like number of requests -
> per period of time, gathered, etc)
> and many more.
>
> So wdyt ? Do you have ideas ? Do you think we should submit some proposals?

- Contributions to Groovy LDAP

Re: What about participating to GSOC ?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.

Felix Knecht wrote: