Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Carbon Rock <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 15:58:10 UTC

How to change join output separator

Hi,

I am running map-side join.  My input looks like this.

file1.txt
-----------
a|deer
b|dog

file2.txt
-----------
a|veg
b|nveg

I am getting output like

a|[deer,veg]
b|[dog,nveg]

I dont want those square brackets and the field seperator should be | (pipe)
instead of comma

Please guide me how to acheive this.

Thanks,
Dhana

Re: How to change join output separator

Posted by Carbon Rock <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Found the solution.

Its happening in toString() method under
mapred.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join.TupleWritable

Thanks,
Dhana