Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Bauman <ni...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/16 06:45:24 UTC

[BUG REPORTING] Jakarta BugRat has been upgraded

Hello Jakarta Horde,

BugRat has been upgraded to use Tomcat 3.2b7 + Apache 1.3.14 +
mod_jserv.

I will be adding cvsweb.cgi and anon cvs for the bugrat sources as I have
been "patching" (or rather just hacking the hell out of) BugRat to whip it
into shape. These are the things I've added that you won't find in the
original sources:

1) report linking and closing audit trail
2) basic authentication for administrators
3) query optimization for searches (thanks to Mr. Ortega)

Soon:

4) Fixes for the "workarounds" and "how to reproduce" fields so they
display properly

If anyone is considering BugRat for their internal BugTracking system, I
would caution them that it's pretty well unusable without 3 and unpleasant
without 1 & 2

***
Please let me know via this email if you notice any problems
***

-Nick