Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Javier Llorente <ja...@opensuse.org> on 2022/08/14 17:29:32 UTC

New plugin: netbeans-rest-client

Hello everyone!

Last month I started developing netbeans-rest-client, a REST client for
NetBeans. The current version (0.2) is basic and not pretty.

I would like to have it added to the NetBeans Plugin Portal.
It is currently verified for NB 14 but its status is waiting for approval.
Could any verifier take a look at it?

If you feel like trying it, the nbm is available at
https://github.com/javierllorente/netbeans-rest-client

Javier Llorente

Re: AW: New plugin: netbeans-rest-client

Posted by Javier Llorente <ja...@opensuse.org>.
Hello Christian,

Danke! :)
Yes, I took some inspiration from Postman. I think that UI style fits well with
NetBeans.

Greetings,
Javier

--
Javier Llorente

AW: New plugin: netbeans-rest-client

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Javier,

great and thanks for this amazing Plugin. I knew another one called rest-client-tester which didn’t look simliar. But when I see your Plugin, it Looks similar to postman. So great Job 😊

El domingo, 14 de agosto de 2022 23:35:50 (CEST) Michael Bien escribió:
> Hi Javier,
>
> nice plugin, looking forward to try it out.
>
> btw looking at the screenshot... would be cool to have syntax
> highlighting for the response.
>
> e.g for xml:
> editorPane.setEditorKit(CloneableEditorSupport.getEditorKit("text/xml"));
> should do the trick if i remember correctly.

Thanks for your suggestion. Now it looks prettier :)

> (can't help you with the plugin verification unfortunately)
>
> regards,
> michael

[...]

Greetings,
--
Javier Llorente

Re: New plugin: netbeans-rest-client

Posted by Javier Llorente <ja...@opensuse.org>.
Hi Michael,

El domingo, 14 de agosto de 2022 23:35:50 (CEST) Michael Bien escribió:
> Hi Javier,
>
> nice plugin, looking forward to try it out.
>
> btw looking at the screenshot... would be cool to have syntax
> highlighting for the response.
>
> e.g for xml:
> editorPane.setEditorKit(CloneableEditorSupport.getEditorKit("text/xml"));
> should do the trick if i remember correctly.

Thanks for your suggestion. Now it looks prettier :)

> (can't help you with the plugin verification unfortunately)
>
> regards,
> michael

[...]

Greetings,