Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov> on 2013/01/25 19:26:21 UTC

astyanax connection ring describe discovery

IS anyone using astyanax with their cassandra along with TOKEN AWARE as in here (cassandra version 1.1.4)

(see Token Aware section)
https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/wiki/Configuration

We have maxConnsPerHost 20 right now and 3 seeds for our cluster but astyanax is not discovering any other nodes

If so, what version of cassandra and astyanax are you using?

For now, we had ot add all nodes ot the seeds list instead so it distributes amongst all nodes.

Thanks,
Dean

Re: astyanax connection ring describe discovery

Posted by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com>.
I use astyanax 1.56.18 with cassandra 1.1.5. Everything works as supposed
to. What does ThreadPoolMonitor report?

Andrey

Posted by Derek Williams <de...@fyrie.net>.
Make sure you are setting the discovery type to ring describe or token
aware. This is different from the connection pool type, which can also be
token aware.

--
Derek Williams