Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by David Markley <pl...@lycos.com> on 2001/02/09 04:18:44 UTC

On-the-fly validation for creating XML editors?

Can anyone point me towards how Xerces could be used for "on-the-fly validation for creating XML editors?" I've been using Xerces for some time to successfully parse and manipulate DOMs. I can't see how this might be used for on-the-fly validation.

I'd really like to find out if Xerces 2 would support such on-the-fly validation using XML Schema. whatCanGoHere() or a similar method would be very useful.

If anyone can suggest examples, I'd really appreciate it!

++David

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

Re: On-the-fly validation for creating XML editors?

Posted by Catharina Ibrahim <c_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi David,

Looks like we have the same problem. Currently we are
discussing the matter under the subject 'Real-time
Validation'. Take a look :)

cath