Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Kramer <DK...@reflect.com> on 2003/02/24 19:46:03 UTC

known install issues for jakarta-ant-1.5-76.i586.rpm on RH 7.3

I was wondering if there were any known issues on the install of
jakarta-ant-1.5-76.i586.rpm on RH7.3?  Im trying to install the newest Ant
rpm but I keep getting a failed dependency:

[root@PROD-GM Ant]# rpm -i --force jakarta-ant-1.5-76.i586.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        jre1.3.x is needed by jakarta-ant-1.5-76

I already have Jre installed, but Im seeing a difference in spelling of the
Jre package thats installed versus the package that Ant is looking for:

[root@PROD-GM Ant]# rpm -qa | grep jre
jre-1.3.0.02-39rl

Is this a known issue?  I have seached on google and through the Mail List
Archives but have yet to find anything.  Do I need to install this manually?
Or is there a way to override this dependency?  RPM's force parameter didnt
have an effect on it.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DK

David Kramer
Software Developer