Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by mbelling <mb...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 15:18:19 UTC

Hibernate 4.3.6 in Karaf 4.1.0

Is it possible to use Hibernate 4.3.6 in Karaf 4.1.0?  I notice that it was
updated  to use the hibernate features, but only at version 5.2.6.

Thanks,
~Matt

Re: Hibernate 4.3.6 in Karaf 4.1.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Using the enterprise legacy features you should still find the previous hibernate features.

Regards
JB

Posted by mbelling <mb...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the replies.  While waiting for replies I ended up just trying
to update our code to support the new version of hibernate and it worked
out, so I shouldn't need the legacy features anymore.

Re: Hibernate 4.3.6 in Karaf 4.1.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
You need to install the enterprise legacy feature for older hibernate
versions.
Basically we try to get rid of having features in multiple versions
installed by default as it makes the work of the feature resolving more
difficult.

Try this:

feature:repo-add enterprise-legacy 4.1.0
feature:install hibernate/4.3.6.Final

Christian

On 08.02.2017 16:18, mbelling wrote:
> Is it possible to use Hibernate 4.3.6 in Karaf 4.1.0?  I notice that it was
> updated  to use the hibernate features, but only at version 5.2.6.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Matt

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de