Posted to user@spark.apache.org by goi cto <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 11:34:16 UTC

Problem with "delete spark temp dir" on spark 0.8.1

Hi,

I am running a spark java program on a local machine. when I try to write
the output to a file (RDD.SaveAsTextFile) I am getting this exception:

Exception in thread "Delete Spark temp dir ..."

This is running on my local window machine.

Any ideas?

--
Eran | CTO

Re: Problem with "delete spark temp dir" on spark 0.8.1

Posted by goi cto <go...@gmail.com>.
Exception in thread "delete Spark temp dir C:\Users\..."
java.io.IOException: failed to delete: C:\Users\...\simple-project-1.0.jar"
 at org.apache.spark.util.utils$.deleteRecursively(Utils.scala:495)
 at
org.apache.spark.util.utils$$anonfun$deleteRecursively$1.apply(Utils.scala:491)

I deleted my temp dir as suggested and indeed all spark.. directories were
deleted. after which I run the program again and got the same error again.
also indeed a spark-... directory with the "simple-project-1.0.jar" was
found left on the file system.
I had no problem deleting this file once the program completed.

Eran

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@mobipulse.in>.
Hi,

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Fwd: Problem with "delete spark temp dir" on spark 0.8.1