Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sal Ishmel <sb...@nyc.rr.com> on 2010/08/10 21:41:09 UTC

Derby Self-study Tutorial

 May someone please assist me in this:

1.	Can i do the Derby Self-study Tutorial on Mac OS 10.6?
2.	I am running Eclipse 3.6 and Netbeans 6.9, both bundled with the Apache Derby.
	Can I run the tutorials on these IDEs? Thanx in advance.

Sal

Re: Derby Self-study Tutorial

Posted by Lily Wei <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sal:
    I don't know whether you are aware of the following link.
I hope these link can provide more information to help you.
http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/java-db.html
http://www.javaguicodexample.com/javandesktopguiderbydatabase5.html

Best Regards,
Lily

________________________________
> 1.    Can i do the Derby Self-study Tutorial on Mac OS 10.6?
> 2.    I am running Eclipse 3.6 and Netbeans 6.9, both bundled with the Apache
>Derby.
>     Can I run the tutorials on these IDEs? Thanx in advance.

Hi Sal,

I'm not aware of any issues that would suggest you cannot do what you
describe.
Although the tutorial is using ij from the command line / shell, it
should be possible to use the SQL facilities of your IDE instead.

Good luck :)
--
Kristian

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.