Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by David Tran <dt...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/06/25 21:53:18 UTC

Unable to build Apr-util - missing rules.mk

Hi,

I am not very familiar with APR and APR-utils. I ran configure, make,
and make install on apr fine, but when I try to make/make install
apr-utils, it can't find the file build/rules.mk

Specified in the generated Makefile. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing
wrong or give a good pointer for a newbie? Thanks!

--

David Tran

Yahoo! Technical Intern

Re: Unable to build Apr-util - missing rules.mk

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:53 PM, David Tran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not very familiar with APR and APR-utils. I ran configure,
> make, and make install on apr fine, but when I try to make/make
> install apr-utils, it can’t find the file build/rules.mk
> Specified in the generated Makefile. Can anyone tell me what I’m
> doing wrong or give a good pointer for a newbie? Thanks!

Try specifying the location of APR on the apr-util configure, like:

./configure --with-apr=PATH

If you did that and it still doesn't work, review the APR-util build
instructions for anything that you missed and then try asking on user@apr.apache.org
  and provide much more detail on the system.  user@apr.apache.org
will have experience on a wider range of platforms than log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
  and is the right venue for apr-util build problems.