Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Laxman Ch <la...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/05 22:00:50 UTC

Review/commit request

Hi,

Can some committers please review and commit the patches (FLUME-2894 and
FLUME-2894).

Also, I have a general question.

I see lot of issues (180+) were in PA state.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-3039?jql=resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20project%20%3D%20FLUME%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC

Just wanted to know if the project is active enough to be used in
production cluster. Or is there any forked version by a vendor (like
cdh/hdp) which is active?

Laxman

Re: Review/commit request

Posted by Jeff Holoman <jh...@cloudera.com>.
To follow on here, Flume could really use some improvement in unit testing.
Generally speaking I'd like to see unit tests of some kind with any change.
Part of the issue is that many times making a change to something existing
isn't covered by a unit test, so we need to improve these as we go.

It makes it easier to get things committed if we don't have to manually
check things.

Thanks

Jeff

Re: Review/commit request

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org>.
Hi Laxman,

Re: Review/commit request

Posted by Laxman Ch <la...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> > http://www.cloudera.com/products/apache-hadoop/key-cdh-components.html
> > ) and HDP ( http://hortonworks.com/products/data-center/hdp/ ).
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Donat

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can some committers please review and commit the patches (FLUME-2894
> and
> > > FLUME-2894).
> > >
> > > Also, I have a general question.
> > >
> > > I see lot of issues (180+) were in PA state.
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-3039?jql=
> > resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20project%20%3D%20FLUME%
> > 20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%
> 20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%
> > 20DESC
> > >
> > > Just wanted to know if the project is active enough to be used in
> > > production cluster. Or is there any forked version by a vendor (like

Laxman

Re: Review/commit request

Posted by Jeff Holoman <jh...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Review/commit request