Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Marek Novotny <mn...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 14:21:53 UTC

Re: Why are DataFrames always read with nullable=True?

Hi,
I would like to ask you whether there is still plan to solve this problem
with nullability when reading data from parquet files?

I've noticed that the related JIRA ticket  SPARK-19950
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-19950>   is still in progress
and the PR  #17293 <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/17293>   was closed
without any merge half a year ago.

I'm more than keen to help to find a solution for the problem, but I'm
missing a broader context. Are there any blockers? I got an impression from
the PR comments and related links that it shouldn't be difficult to fix it.

Thanks,
Marek Novotny