Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2011/04/28 09:35:43 UTC

how to stop AMQ gracefully?

Hi, what is the recommended way to stop the AMQ broker?
Is there any configuration or procedure to do when shutting down the broker?
I have a broker embedded in Spring, what is the best way to go down gracefully?

Thanks,
Michal Singer

Re: how to stop AMQ gracefully?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
calling the stop method on the brokerService is what is needed.
That has a @PreDestroy annotation so spring should do the right thing
when the application context is destroyed.
You may need to include <context:annotation-config /> in your spring
xml to have the annotation respected.

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com

RE: how to stop AMQ gracefully?