Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stuart McMahon <sm...@zandar.com> on 2003/06/12 13:23:52 UTC

transform...

Hi,
Is there a way to transform a width attribute?
I am looking for something that has the same effect on a width attribute
as
transform="translate(x y)" has on an x attribute.
The reason being I would like to transform the width of all elements in
a group relative to some value without specifically parsing the inner
children.

thanks,
Stuart.

Re: transform...

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Stuart McMahon wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a way to transform a width attribute?
>I am looking for something that has the same effect on a width attribute
>as
>transform="translate(x y)" has on an x attribute.
>The reason being I would like to transform the width of all elements in
>a group relative to some value without specifically parsing the inner
>children.

    I think you are looking for: transform="scale(sx, sy)"
    This will multiply all horizontal lengths by 'sx' and all vertical
lengths by 'sy'.  If you just provide one
value 'scale(s)' then it is used for horizontal and vertical.  I suggest
you read chapter 7 of the SVG
specification (available from http://www.w3.org).