Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Stephen Pain <st...@db.com> on 2004/06/07 17:55:57 UTC

XML file loading in chainsaw - adding threshold

Hi,

I've just struggled to load a huge (100+MB) file into chainsaw when all I was interested in were the errors for some analysis I needed to do.  Having a cyclic buffer is helpful, but if there are a load of debug messages you're not interested in, you can end up losing the more important messages off the end of the buffer...

It would be a great help if we could specify a threshold on the loading of an XML file, just like for the receivers... :)

Cheers,
Stephen

Re: XML file loading in chainsaw - adding threshold

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@apache.org>.
Yes, a good idea, what needs to happen is the file loading code needs to
be coverted into a receiver, and the Swing action just starts it, and at
the end of the file loading the Receiver shuts itself down.

I'm still trying to get mysely settled in my new job, so hopefully soon I
will be back online to do some stuff.

cheers,

Paul Smith