Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivas Jonnalagadda <sa...@earthlink.net> on 2009/03/25 16:04:56 UTC

how do i configure multiple domains in one tomcat inatance

hi,

I am using apache http server, openSSL, mod_jk and tomcat 5.5.9 on solaris 10 server. I need a way to create multiple domains in the same tomcat instance or server. for example i should be able to copy my war files into two dirs dir1 and dir2. Same Tomcat should be able to pickup applications and host them from both the directories. I know that this is possible in Weblogic but not sure how to implement this in tomcat.

Sincerely,
Srinivas Jonnalagadda

Re: how do i configure multiple domains in one tomcat inatance

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Srinivas Jonnalagadda wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am using apache http server, openSSL, mod_jk and tomcat 5.5.9 on solaris 10 server. I need a way to create multiple domains in the same tomcat instance or server. for example i should be able to copy my war files into two dirs dir1 and dir2. Same Tomcat should be able to pickup applications and host them from both the directories. I know that this is possible in Weblogic but not sure how to implement this in tomcat.

This is for 6 but should gove you the idea.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

Mark