Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Andrew <An...@booxware.de> on 2015/02/11 18:48:57 UTC

Why are Services created reflectively?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how CXF works. I want to consume a web service
using the JAX-WS front-end. So, I am writing a client to call an existing
web service (Contract First). I've used wsdl2java to generate what I
understand to be the classes that will produce the SOAP message that will go
over the wire. (Is this understanding correct?)

I've written a small class that successfully calls a web service by invoking
the methods in the classes generated by wsdl2java. (So essentially I've
worked through the CXF wsdl_first sample.)

Here's the thing: both in my implementation and in the wsdl_first sample I'm
seeing

Feb 11, 2015 1:00:00 PM
org.apache.cxf.wsdl.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
buildServiceFromWSDL
INFO: Creating Service
{http://customerservice.example.com/}CustomerServiceService from WSDL:
file:/Users/me/apache-cxf-3.0.3/samples/wsdl_first/src/main/resources/CustomerService.wsdl

What exactly is being generated by ReflectionServiceFactoryBean, from the
WSDL? Why is it being generated at run time? Did I not generate everything I
needed to when I ran wsdl2java? If not, what is the purpose of the classes
generated by calling wsdl2java, and what is the purpose of whatever is being
generated reflectively at run time?

The web service I am calling uses features like WS-SecurityPolicy and
WS-Addressing, so I don't think it's realistic for me to use a front-end
other than JAX-WS. Given this, can I avoid this reflective generation of
whatever is being generated?

Many thanks,
Andrew