Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de> on 2002/02/13 14:50:01 UTC

Connections through a HTTP proxy

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect from RPC client to RPC server through a HTTP proxy
for 2 reasons:
1. I like to test it because it has to work through a proxy in live environment
2. I like to trace the XML messages send/received!

On the client I have

         Properties properties = System.getProperties();
         properties.setProperty("proxyHost", "http://localhost");
         properties.setProperty("proxyPort", "8080");
         properties.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
         rpcClient = new XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:9999");

and I have a server running on port 9999 as well as a http proxy on 8080.
But the client still does a direct connection to the server - not through
the HTTP proxy, I can verify that from the proxy logs!  I tried to use
"http.proxyHost" + "http.proxyPort" as well, but it didn't worked!

Any ideas how to get it work?

Martin Skopp
--
Riege Software International GmbH