Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/24 12:52:52 UTC

Re: JSF/ADF FrameWork and JMeter

On 24/11/06, deepak va <de...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know if JMeter can be used to do performance testing of a J2EE
> application developed using JSF/ADF framework.

In principle, yes - JMeter can send any HTTP/HTTPS requests that a browser can.

However, it is not a browser, and it does not interpret Javascript in
web-pages, so cannot automatically generate any requests or settings
etc that the browser may do automatically - you will have to generate
these yourself, or use the JMeter proxy to record a session.

> Will it be able to handle the com.sun.faces.VIEW parameters.

No idea what these are - how do browsers handle them?

I suggest you try JMeter on a simple web-site first, and then on your
application. There is plenty of documentation on the JMeter web-site
and the Wiki.

Re: JSF/ADF FrameWork and JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps this will help: