Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com> on 2003/06/05 22:15:10 UTC

html:hidden value

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with setting the value for an <hml:hidden .../> tag.
That form uses a bean called ansa.  I want to set the value of the hidden
element to the numberType property of a bean called ansm.  I tried putting a
<bean:write .../> in the body of the html:hidden tag, but that didn't work.
How would I go about doing this without a scriptlet?
Thanx in advance.

Keith Kamholz
Programming and Architecture
Moog Inc.

Phone: (716) 687-7001

Re: html:hidden value

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
Can you set the property to be hidden in the action form

ansa.setYourHiddenProp(ansm.getNumberType()...)

so that you dont mess around with swapping vars in the JSP.

Then in your jsp all you have to do is

-Dan