Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com> on 2003/05/16 18:33:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Help!!! Seurity Alert usiing SSL

I've recently installed an SSL certificate that is used in conjunction
with Apache, mod_jk, and Tomcat using two Virtual Hosts (80 and 443).
Apache is handling all SSL requests and using mod_rewrite to turn all
http request into https requests (thanks for your help Jurgen). Apache
is also passing all JSP's to Tomcat. Here is my problem: Whenever I post
a JSP page to itself, or if I place the necessary code into the port 80
virtual host in an attempt to rewrite all HTTP requests to HTTPS, I
receive a security alert from my browser. It reads: 'The name on the
security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.
Do you want to proceed?' I've spoken with the CA tech support, and they
claim that this message arises when there is a redirect away from the
authorized domain name, or something to that effect. This is not the
case as the JSP's simply post to themselves, and the mod_rewrite
directive writes back to the SSL domain. I've searched the web and
haven't found anything. I'm hoping that someone has run across this. Any
assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Beau