Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@redhat.com> on 2004/07/09 21:01:31 UTC

Translate from primitive to Java object

I have decided to do things the axis way and deploy my classes using wsdd.
However, now I have hit another problem.  Basically, I have a method with
the following signature:

String getUserLogin(User usr);

which, I am exposing through axis.  Obviously, the User class isn't a
class that soap can serialize, but that is okay, because I don't want
callers trying to pass me a User object.  I want callers to pass me an
integer, which I can translate to a User object programmatically.

I would strongly prefer not to have an intermediary method to do this
translation, ie  String getUserLogin(int userId) { return
getUserLogin(getUser(userId)); }

Is this possible?  Serializer/DeSerializer doesn't seem right to me,
because I want to use an integer soap type.

Ryan