Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/11/07 08:39:07 UTC

Re: Commons site prototype up

Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:26, Scott Sanders wrote:
>
>>Sorry it has taken so long, had some work emergencies.
>>
>>Here it is:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/~sanders/
>>
>>Let me know what you think, and I can update it.
>
> Love it. The skin seems to be a bit wonky though as the long strings in menu
> get cut off (in Konquror3.02).

...notifying Forrest list with Cc...

> Also the index in the projects tab is the same
> as the index on the main page ;)
>
> Other than that it is great!

Yeah :-)

Probably we should all standardize (at least with xml.apache and
incubator for now) on some common tabs like mailing lists and downloads
and stuff, no?

>>Also, do we want to commit the built site to cvs, or just the source?
>

> I would commit the built site - at least until a forrestbot is set up and
> forrest stabilizes - but thats just me ;)

*also* the built site, I suppose you mean... that's the sources + the
build/site dir contents, right?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: Commons site prototype up

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

How about a thin strip across the top that brands the project as Apache. Perhaps
there is a snailtrail/breadcrumbs to the particular sub-project. Then all the
common things are put in a select input. This way it is easy to add/remove
things that are common without breaking the layout.

best,
-Rob

RE: Commons site prototype up

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.