Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Smith G <gu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 15:29:39 UTC

range of scores : queryNorm()

Hello ,
           I have observed that even if we change boosting
drastically, scores are being normalized at the end because of
queryNorm value. Is there anything ( regarding to the queryNorm) that
we can rely on ? like score will always be under 10 or some fixed
value ? The main objective is to provide scores in a fixed range to
the partner. So have you been experienced anything like this? Is it
possible to do so ?.
    Have you been experienced any strange situation like for a
particular query, result scores were really high compared to routine?
if yes,I would like to know  the factor that effected scores
drastically, because it may help me to proceed or understand the
cases.

Thanks.