Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2009/11/20 04:38:41 UTC

Use of {@example}'s line number to tolerate ASF source license header (was Re: [VOTE] Create release based on Log4PHP-2.0.0 RC1)

The {@example} directive can optionally take an starting line number (http://manual.phpdoc.org/HTMLSmartyConverter/HandS/phpDocumentor/tutorial_tags.inlineexample.pkg.html).  I've played with it with LoggerMDC.php and it would seem to allow us to add the ASF source license header to the example PHP and .properties files without adversely affecting the generated output (unless you really need to code snippets in the docs to have the leading <?php.

I'm guessing that Doxia's snippet handler automatically closes a snippet at the end of the file, so setting the line number just beyond the // START SNIPPET and removing the // END SNIPPET eliminates those artifacts from the phpdocs.

The magic line number for .php files for me was 19 for .php files and 18 for .properties files.

Re: Use of {@example}'s line number to tolerate ASF source license header (was Re: [VOTE] Create release based on Log4PHP-2.0.0 RC1)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> Time for RC2?

Yeah, will start on it tomorrow :)
Thanks !

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hello

That was a good hint. I did as you suggested and now RAT is happy.
The MDC and NDC phpdoc looks proper again, too.

Time for RC2?