Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alanmc <al...@alum.mit.edu> on 2008/08/20 19:20:53 UTC

Consuming from VirtualTopic Throws Subscription Exception

Hey all,
I've been trying to use Virtual Topics but keep running into this problem.
I have a service that broadcasts messages about its state on a VirtualTopic
and I'm trying to consume those messages from another service.  The setup
actually seems to work initially, but after a while the broker logs get
flooded with the exception I've pasted below and the consumer stops
consuming messages.  Search on Google seemed to show other people having
this problem but no solution.

ActiveMQ-5.1.0
ActiveCPP-2.1.1
Default broker config except I've disabled the unused ssl and xmpp
transports and and set storeUsage, tempUsage and memoryUsage to 100MB.

Producer sending on topic: "VirtualTopic.ServiceName.Notification.Event"

Consumer consuming from queue:
"Consumer.ConsumerName.VirtualTopic.ServiceName.Notification.Event"

Producer and Consumer connect over TCP transport with:
"wireFormat=openwire&transport.useAsyncSend=true&wireFormat.tcpNoDelayEnabled=true"

Session AcknowledgementMode set to "Session::AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE"
Producer is set to "DeliveryMode::NON_PERSISTENT"

2008-08-20 01:30:36,767 [127.0.0.1:52841] ERROR Service
- Async error occurred: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The subscription
does not exist: 7242e65c-b4e7-4701-b883-a3d62420c766:1:1
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The subscription does not exist:
7242e65c-b4e7-4701-b883-a3d62420c766:1:1
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.acknowledge(AbstractRegion.java:348)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.acknowledge(RegionBroker.java:470)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransactionBroker.acknowledge(TransactionBroker.java:194)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.acknowledge(BrokerFilter.java:73)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.acknowledge(MutableBrokerFilter.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processMessageAck(TransportConnection.java:444)
        at org.apache.activemq.command.MessageAck.visit(MessageAck.java:196)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:293)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:181)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:143)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:206)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Posted by alanmc <al...@alum.mit.edu>.
I haven't been able to make any progress on this.  I tried playing around
with my configuration to see if there was a problem there but I just can't
get this feature to work.  The jira entry I listed before
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1763) repros this problem but
there has been no update there.

Posted by carbon60 <ad...@sherman.ca>.

Posted by alanmc <al...@alum.mit.edu>.