Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/06/01 21:13:12 UTC

[VOTE] The 3nd HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 6/7/2014

The 3rd HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC2) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.3RC2/ and Maven artifacts are
also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1024/

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12326765

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on June 7 on whether or not we should release this as 0.98.3.
Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 3nd HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 6/7/2014

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. change the stable pointer to point to this rather than the last 0.94.

+1

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Sorry... I'll move the pointer and set the perms correctly.

________________________________
Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
​On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> It's time to switch the pointer to send a clear pointer to to have new
> folks start with 0.98 rather than 0.94.

+1 to moving the pointer

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Yes, some of our code signing keys need a keysigning party.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1
All IT tests ran.  IntegrationTestWithCellVisibilityLoadAndVerify fails
with ACL and Visibility CP combined. Raised HBASE-11301.  Seems to be a
setup problem in test.
Rest all looks good.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Unit test suite passes 25 of 25 times on JDK 6u45, 7u60, and 8u0.

A performance comparison between 0.98.0 and this candidate shows no
significant performance regression, see the email from me sent recently to
dev@ titled "Comparing the performance of 0.98.3 RC2 and 0.98.0 using YCSB".

Most Ingestion (except ACL, a test issue, see HBASE-11294) and Big Linked
List integration tests pass running on a local minicluster. Ran with

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With +4 binding votes and no -1 votes this RC passes. I have submitted the
artifacts for mirroring.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy