Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2000/07/10 17:22:48 UTC

built sql query

I know now how to do and display a sql query with cocoon.
But can anyone show me a good way to do a built query?

I mean a query that is modified by the parameters passed
to the page (a very common task)

something like:

show.xml?id=50 -> select * from sometable where tableid=50

actually the question is: how can I pass my java built
sql string to the sql processor?
--
Torsten

Re: built sql query

Posted by Hans-Guenter Stein <Ha...@siteos.de>.
try something like:

xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
<xsp:logic>
String theID[] = <request:get-parameter-values name="id"/>;
QueryString = "select * from sometable where tableid=" + theID[0];
result = myDBMethod.execQuery(QueryString);
</xsp:logic>

Re: built sql query

Posted by Brian P Millett <bp...@ec-group.com>.

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>> I know now how to do and display a sql query with cocoon.
>> But can anyone show me a good way to do a built query?
>>
>> I mean a query that is modified by the parameters passed
>> to the page (a very common task)
>>
>> something like:
>>
>> show.xml?id=50 -> select * from sometable where tableid=50
>>
>> actually the question is: how can I pass my java built
>> sql string to the sql processor?

Must be a few ways to do this.  Here is my .02$ for a query (http://foo.com/test.xml?lastName='foo')

 <sql:execute-query>
   <sql:driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</sql:driver>
   <sql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dldf</sql:dburl>
   <sql:username>foo</sql:username>
   <sql:password>foo</sql:password>
   <sql:skip-rows>0</sql:skip-rows>
   <sql:max-rows>50</sql:max-rows>
   <sql:null-indicator>y</sql:null-indicator>
   <sql:count-attribute>BOB</sql:count-attribute>
   <sql:doc-element>ROWSET</sql:doc-element>
   <sql:row-element>ROW</sql:row-element>
   <sql:tag-case>preserve</sql:tag-case>
   <sql:id-attribute>ID</sql:id-attribute>
   <sql:query>
SELECT *
FROM EMPLOYEE
WHERE last_name = <request:get-parameter name="lastName"/>
   </sql:query>
 </sql:execute-query>

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms

Re: built sql query

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.
on 10/7/00 5:22 pm, Torsten Curdt at tcurdt@dff.st wrote:

> I know now how to do and display a sql query with cocoon.
> But can anyone show me a good way to do a built query?
>
> I mean a query that is modified by the parameters passed
> to the page (a very common task)
>
> something like:
>
> show.xml?id=50 -> select * from sometable where tableid=50
>
> actually the question is: how can I pass my java built
> sql string to the sql processor?
> --
> Torsten

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:sql="http://www.apache.org/1999/SQL"
  xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"

  <page title="SQL Search Results">
    <xsp:logic>
    String where = "";
     where = "'" + request.getParameter("someParam") + "'";
    </xsp:logic>

      <sql:execute-query>
        <sql:driver>driver</sql:driver>
        <sql:dburl>url</sql:dburl>
        <sql:username>user</sql:username>
        <sql:password>pass</sql:password>
        <sql:doc-element>RANK</sql:doc-element>
        <sql:row-element>ROW</sql:row-element>
        <sql:tag-case>upper</sql:tag-case>
        <sql:max-rows>10</sql:max-rows>
        <sql:null-indicator>yes</sql:null-indicator>
        <sql:id-attribute>ID</sql:id-attribute>
        <sql:id-attribute-column>ID</sql:id-attribute-column>
        <sql:query>select * from TABLE where COLUMN =
<xsp:expr>where</xsp:expr> </sql:query>
        <sql:count-attribute>count</sql:count-attribute>
    </sql:execute-query>

  </page>

</xsp:page>

you could also do

        <sql:query>select * from TABLE where COLUMN = <request:get-parameter
name="someParam" as="string"/></sql:query>

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'

Evan S. Connell

Re: Oracle persistence

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 7/10/00 2:19 PM, Martin O. Mauri at mmauri@vates.com wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> How do I configure my jboss.conf file to set the Oracle 8.0.5 JDBC driver?
>
> And another one...I'm trying to set a CMP. Do I have to configure some
> jaws.xml in my deployment descriptor?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Maritn O. Mauri
wrong list...

Mike

Oracle persistence

Re: built sql query

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I know now how to do and display a sql query with cocoon.
> But can anyone show me a good way to do a built query?
>
> I mean a query that is modified by the parameters passed
> to the page (a very common task)
>
> something like:
>
> show.xml?id=50 -> select * from sometable where tableid=50
>
> actually the question is: how can I pass my java built
> sql string to the sql processor?

you want to use the sql logicsheet. read
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/sqltaglib.html. an example:

<sql:execute-query>
 <sql:query>
  select * from sometable where tableid=<request:get-parameter name="id"/>
 </sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

for your own java built string:

<sql:execute-query>
 <sql:query>
  select * from sometable where tableid=<xsp:expr>myMethod()</xsp:expr>
 </sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

- donald