Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dennis Thrysøe <dt...@conscius.com> on 2008/03/26 16:32:48 UTC

Re-sending mails spooled to /var/mail/spam

Hi,

Due to the new behaviour of ORDB (I wasn't aware it was in our
configuration) we have a number of mails spooled to /var/mail/spam.

Can I somehow have those "received" by the server again and distributed to
their appropriate inboxes?

Thanks,

-dennis

Re: Re-sending mails spooled to /var/mail/spam

Posted by Dennis Thrysøe <dt...@conscius.com>.
Hi,

ORDB started returning false positives today at noon (don't know which
timezone) to motivate people to stop querying.

I saw it here: http://it.slashdot.org/it/08/03/25/2124224.shtml

-dennis

Posted by bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com>.

Posted by bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com>.
I had the same problem.  In my case I have a repository going to our
exchange server and I just dropped the object and stream files in there and
they took off.  Not sure whether you can just drop them into the inbox or
not, but it's worth a try.  You could make a processor to do always respool
stuff if you don't have anything convenient in your current configuration.

Posted by "J.Delgado" <jd...@10thdegree.com>.
Forgive me for sounding completely noobish, but how do I evoke said mailet? I
currently have all my spam in a DB (via /maildb/deadletter/spam) and I want
to make sure this reprosses the mail.

I put the following in the root area. Please let me know if I need to code
it differently.

         <mailet match="RecipientIs=recovery@mydomain.tld"
class="FromRepository">
            <repositoryPath> db://maildb/deadletter/spam </repositoryPath>
            <processor> root </processor>
            <delete> true </delete>
         </mailet>

Thanks.