Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "William C. Mount" <Mo...@cat.com> on 2007/06/08 20:20:17 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 manager question.

Hello All,
   I'm in the process of setting up an environment and need a little help.

Here's the story.

2 webserver boxes in network A.

2 app server boxes in network B.

Firewall between them.

I have apache running on the webserver boxes using mod_jk to talk ajp to
the app servers.  all is well with the world.

I'd like to be able to access the manager application per JVM.    My first
thought was this:

install a webserver on each of the app server boxes.  us mod_proxy to do
something like:

proxypass /JVM1/manager/html
http://appserverbox.mydomain.com:11500/manager/html
proxypass /JVM2/manager/html
http://appserverbox.mydomain.com:11501/manager/html

This isn't working.  Since I changed the URI of the manager app, it's
really not happy.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks on an easy way to access multiple manager
consoles from a single location?

Accessiblity is the problem,  I can only directly access port 80 and 443
from my client, so I have to somehow proxy the http transport agent to get
access to the consoles.

Thanks,
William C. Mount RHCE
J2EE Web Solutions CoEx
Global IT Solutions
Caterpillar Inc.
812 W. Washington St.
East Peoria IL,  61630
(309) 675-3031 - Desk
(309) 264-8297 - Cell
mountwc@cat.com

"I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the same manner that
fish follow migrating caribou."
  -- Paul Tomblin