Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/07/31 22:36:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating rc1: OpenWhisk client go and CLI

Hi everyone,

This is to call for a vote for the release of Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: OpenWhisk client go and CLI.

List of JIRA ticket(s) resolved for this release can be found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-215.

To learn more about Apache OpenWhisk, please visit https://openwhisk.apache.org/.

This release comprises of source code distribution only. There are two modules within this release. The artifact were built from the following Git commit IDs:
* openwhisk-client-go: 90976ef, Update the doc of client go to make it clear for 0.9.0
* openwhisk-cli: 4a5a372, Bump gradle and scoverage version

The source code artifact of openwhisk client go can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-client-go-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk client go can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-client-go-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of openwhisk client go can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-client-go-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

The source code artifact of openwhisk cli can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-cli-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk cli can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-cli-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of openwhisk cli can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-cli-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

KEYS file is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS

The documentation can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/doc/INSTALL.md

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
[ ] +1 Release as Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: client go and CLI
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release and the reason

Checklist for reference:
[ ] Download links are valid.
[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.
[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repo.
[ ] All files have license headers if necessary.
[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating rc1: OpenWhisk client go and CLI

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.

I vote +1 for the release of Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating rc1: OpenWhisk client go and CLI.

Checklist for reference:
[X] Download links are valid.
[X] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[X] DISCLAIMER is included.
[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repo.
[X] All files have license headers if necessary.
[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

I vote +1 Release as Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: client go and CLI.
Thanks to Vincent for taking this effort.

Checklist for reference:
[X] Download links are valid.
[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[X] DISCLAIMER is included.
[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repo.
[X] All files have license headers if necessary.
[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Posted by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@apache.org>.
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for working to create a release for the CLI and API client as we need this (officially) to work with the release of the platform code.  I am all in favor of working to release, eventually together, all the components that have compatibility considerations (which should be formalized in the near future).

So for me..

 [X] +1 Release as Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: client go and CLI
 [ ] +0 no opinion
 [ ] -1 Do not release and the reason

However, it may not be clear to everyone what your roadmap is for each of these components including myself since I would like to have a one that includes the entirety of the 13 repos. that do have interdependence already identified and it would seem onerous to do this one-by-one.

-mr