Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Dan Kepner <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/30 21:09:33 UTC

Rya Geo questions

All,  a couple of quick questions that I couldn't verify in my own research:

1)      Is there a GeoSpatial capability within Rya – and what geometry
types are supported?

2)      Does Rya integrate with GeoMesa, GeoWave, or a similar capability… ?

Thanks!

Re: Rya Geo questions

Posted by Jim Hughes <jn...@ccri.com>.
Hi Dan,

As quick answer, Rya delegates/integrates to GeoMesa in order to provide
GeoSparql support.

In full disclosure, I'm one of the GeoMesa developers, so I am uncertain
about all the details about ingesting triples with geo-data into Rya.
Broadly, geometries would go in as Well-Known Text (so the standard
geometries type like Point, LineString, Polygon, and their
multi-geometry versions are supported).

The develop branch of Rya uses GeoMesa 1.2.0*.  You do have to build Rya
with the 'indexing' profile: |mvn clean install -P indexing|

Shout if there's anything I can do to help from the geo-side of things.

Cheers,

Jim

*  We just released GeoMesa 1.2.1 last week.  You should be able to
safely bump to the 1.2.1 version if you are building manually.