Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Yana Kadiyska <yk...@bea.com> on 2004/04/07 18:30:46 UTC

Re:Open Source XQuery Engines

Hi All,

since there was a discussion of open source XQuery engines, just wanted to bring Galax from ATT (Bell Labs) to your attention.
I've worked with it before and have nothing but good things to say about it. I don't think they have a native Java implementation, which would probably make it slower compared to Qexo, but IMHO they do a better job conformance-wise (I think they did some perf benchmarking recently--maybe we can request results if we're interested...).

Also, I know they had, as  of a month ago, a team of good people dedicated to the support and development of that project. Please check it out at:
http://db.bell-labs.com/galax/

And, of course, someone needs to verify that their license is OK for us.

Yana