Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2003/02/07 09:53:14 UTC

CVS and Copyright statements

>   Log:
>   changed some copyright statements from 2002 to 2003

Is there no fancy CVS method of doing this when the file is checked into
CVS?

J.

of this email.

Re: CVS and Copyright statements

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> > Is there no fancy CVS method of doing this when the file is checked into
> > CVS?
>
> Yes, but a while ago, it was suggested to not use CVS for that:

Though of course what we -could- do is write something clever which checks
this on commit and throws an error if there was a change of a few lines or
more. Just as a warning hint.

But the main rule, which kind of covers US, EU and most of Asia, is:

->	list the year(s) you made an actual change in.

Now you can argue what a change is. And there are differences across the
world. But most of all:

-> 	Do not change it just because the year rolls over, and there
	was no change in the code.

Dw

RE: CVS and Copyright statements

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
I just wrote a three line ant target using the replace taks
replacing the copyright in all java files.

Carsten

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org