Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tobias Eriksson <to...@qvantel.com> on 2018/08/23 21:10:47 UTC

Can I configure with ACL for some clients but not others

Hi
I have a system which is in network A (inside my premises)
And all my current components publish to KAFKA with no security

Now my customer needs to use my KAFKA from “outside”
And therefore I now need to introduce SASL and ACL

ACL so that I can limit to what they publish to and read from.

BUT do I now also need to update all my internal KAFKA clients who publish and consume
OR can I configure it so that I only use SALS and ACL for the “outside” components ?

-Tobias

--
Tobias Eriksson
Chief Architect Research – CTO Office