Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ashish Pareek <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 14:50:26 UTC

Is there Synthetic Load generator for Hadoop-0.18.3

Hello ,

         I have Small problem in simulating load in HDFS. I want to regulate
load on datanode such that I can perform my experiment.
        But how do I create some constant load on datanode???

        Then I found Synthetic Load generator but I am working in
hadoop-0.18.3 and Synthetic laod generator is available from hadoop-0.19.2
on wards. So Can I some how manage to get synthetic load generator for
hadoop-0.18.3......If there is a way please tell me know ....... I have
little time left to submit my results. Or If there is some other way to
generate load please let me known that also .

Regards,
Ashish Pareek

Re: Is there Synthetic Load generator for Hadoop-0.18.3

Posted by Wang Xu <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Why not try downloading the load gen source from 0.19 or 0.20,
> compiling against 0.18, and seeing if there are any errors? If there
> are, fix them. The APIs haven't changed much in a long time, it
> shouldn't be a lot of work.

And, for hdfs, the most significant change from .18 to .19 in api is
the package should import changed from org.apache.hadoop.dfs to
org.apache.hadop.hdfs.xxx

--
Wang Xu
Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a

Re: Is there Synthetic Load generator for Hadoop-0.18.3

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Why not try downloading the load gen source from 0.19 or 0.20,
compiling against 0.18, and seeing if there are any errors? If there
are, fix them. The APIs haven't changed much in a long time, it
shouldn't be a lot of work.

-Todd