Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/15 14:43:22 UTC

Ajax and CForms

Hi there,

I am on Cocoon 2.1.11 and just converted my forms to use Ajax.  It
appears to work, but for one drop down, it does not.  For this drop
down, for the fourth time I change its value, I get a java script error
saying "Object required".

On viewing the source, I find that when it works (the first two times),
the top of the source looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

<head>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

<title>Edit Task</title>

However, when it does NOT work, then I find that between  the second
line ending in XInclude and the third line "<head>", there is a gap of
63 empty lines, and also, the line:
<title>Edit Task</title>
has now become:
<title xmlns:bu="http://apache.org/cocoon/browser-update/1.0">Edit