Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by jw...@ilstechnology.com on 2005/04/05 20:29:57 UTC

CVS HEAD issues on RHEL

Hello,

Here are two issues I still see when building on Red Hat Enterprise WS 3:

1. The socketservertestcase.cpp file is missing an include file, it needs
unistd.h to compile in linux.

2. The liblog4cxx.so object is linked with both the expat and the libxml2
xml parsers, is there a reason that it is dependent on both?

Thanks.

James Wert Jr.
JWert@ILSTechnology.com

Re: CVS HEAD issues on RHEL

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Apr 5, 2005, at 1:29 PM, jwert@ilstechnology.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here are two issues I still see when building on Red Hat Enterprise WS
> 3:
>
> 1. The socketservertestcase.cpp file is missing an include file, it
> needs
> unistd.h to compile in linux.

I'll check it.

> 2. The liblog4cxx.so object is linked with both the expat and the
> libxml2
> xml parsers, is there a reason that it is dependent on both?

Transition.  The existing DOMConfigurator uses libxml2, APR includes
expat.  The idea is to port over the JoranConfigurator from log4j 1.3
and drop the DOMConfigurator implementation.  The JoranConfigurator is
an upward compatible replacement for DOMConfigurator that consumes an
SAX parse event stream instead of relying on a DOM implementation.