Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Renaud Drousies <re...@linuxaddicts.com> on 2006/10/26 18:08:00 UTC

Spamassassin double scan through backup MX

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent Spamassasssin to double-scan the mails that have
already been scanned by the backup MX but still having him to autolearn
what it receives through it (based on the score given by the backup mx,
but according to its own auto learn threshold rules)? The goal being to
save some scan time on the primary MX, since most spams come from the
backup ones.

Thanks!

Regards,
Renaud

SpamAssassin 3.1.7 - qmail MTA - linux

Re: Spamassassin double scan through backup MX

Posted by Renaud Drousies <re...@linuxaddicts.com>.
Actually this server is hosting lots of different domains that I do not
control, I do not choose whether there is a backup MX or not. However I
noted that some (most) of those backups MX already had a working
spamassassin configuration and that it would be a waste of time to re-scan
those mails. I was wondering if there would be some rule like

header MAIL_FROM_BACKUP_MX Received =~ /some known backup mx/
do_not_scan

Since I run qmail-scanner I guess the best way for me to achieve this
would be to scan the mail before sending it to spamassassin, and if it's
spam then feed the bayes system with it myself.

Posted by "Chris St. Pierre" <st...@NebrWesleyan.edu>.