Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 12:54:13 UTC

Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Hi,

   I am having some failure test cases where my Application Master is
supposed to fail. But when it fails it is again started with <appID>_02 .
Is there a way for me to avoid the second instance of the Application
Master getting started? Is it re-started automatically by the RM after the
first one failed?

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh, I got it.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh, I got it.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh, I got it.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh, I got it.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Can we avoid restarting of AM when it fails?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J